iTero™ Digital Impressions
An accurate impression is essential for effective treatment planning and orthodontic care. The iOC Scanner captures the contours of tooth and gingival structures, producing an accurate digital orthodontic scan in just minutes.
The iTero handheld wand takes a digital, 3D image of your teeth. You can look at the iTero 3D image on the screen in real-time. The digital image is electronically sent to the lab and is available in the Invisalign Clincheck system within minutes. The accuracy and detail of the iTero scan vs a putty impression is kind of like watching HDTV over standard definition TV. These digital scans have greatly improved accuracy.
Benefits of Teeth Scanning
- ELIMINATES IMPRESSIONS, the most invasive procedure in daily orthodontic care.
- SUPERIOR ACCURACY with no distortion from patient movement during set, removal of impression, or disinfection.
- ONSCREEN VISUALIZATION allows for immediate adjustment to create the ideal orthodontic scan the first time.
- INCREASED PATIENT COMFORT by eliminating the goop and gagging with traditional impressions.
- SINGLE USE IMAGING SHIELD to ensure maximum cleanliness.