What To Expect
Upon your arrival at Pappas & Tapley Orthodontics, please notify our receptionist. We can’t wait to welcome you to our office.
Dr. Janet Pappas or Dr. Patricia Tapley will conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination and explain all aspects of treatment herself after you meet with the New Patient Coordinator and take digital x-ray and photos.
The Purpose of the Initial Examination is to Answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, the New Patient Coordinator will review with you your treatment plan, fee, and payment options.
What is the Cost of the Treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The New Patient Coordinator will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have different payment options to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What Does my Investment Include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consist of digital x-rays, photos, and possibly a digital scan to determine your treatment objectives.
- Treatment fee for braces or Invisalign includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Replacement of lost or broken appliances may incur additional charges.
- One set of retainers is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken, but there are no charges for replacements needed for new dental work or eruption of new permanent teeth.
Assignment of Insurance Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
It is our goal to see you on time for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to see patients on time, we request that all patients arrive on time to avoid delays for later appointments. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and patients seen after you.